Thursday, March 23, 2006

Great People in Fayette

Most days we go about our life and, as the old saying goes, we don't stop to smell the roses. Despite all the timesaving devices we fill our houses with, we never have time for a fraction of the things we want to do. We rarely find time to look around and realize how good our lives may be.

I've been trying to focus more on the things I have to be thankful for rather than just simply moving from one activity to the next on autopilot. I make it a point to find something positive to focus on for the day.

Today I found myself being thankful for all the great people in this county. I started the day meeting with a wonderful group of women at the new women's networking group I wrote about in an earlier column.

After the meeting I went to a late breakfast (or early lunch) with two ladies with such giving spirits it made me want to do more with my life! Then I stopped by to pick up a camera from a friends house - he's loaning me his very nice camera so I can take pictures Saturday at the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast (pictures with the Easter Bunny!). It's great to have good friends.

I received an encouraging call from a new-found friend who is another giver.

I ended the day with a free makeover (much needed) at the house of another woman who spreads joy every time she speaks.

This is a county filled to the brim with people who care, who share and who give. Today I want to say thanks to all the men and women in this county who make it special!

No comments: