Thursday, September 16, 2010

Check out the new Fayette Sheriff website!

I ran into Sheriff Hannah tonight at the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce Expo. And no, I didn't run into him with my car or knock him down! I was at the Expo table for the Clothes Less Traveled Thrift Shop as he was making the rounds. We chatted for a few minutes about a number of Fayette issues, one of them being the new website the Sheriff's office has been working on.

When I got home, unpacked, and settled in, I popped over to see what it looked like. I spent more time than I intended wandering around the new site. I was impressed. It's not 100% complete yet, but the information links kept me clicking!

I checked my neighborhood to see if there were any sex offenders nearby. Nope.

Then I popped over to the link titled "Crime Mapping". I was able to put in my address and find out where crimes had occurred around my home. I got nosy and expanded the viewing area to see the kind of things going on outside my immediate area. I'll be clicking that link again!

I looked under the "Records Section" to see crime statistics and then clicked on a few others under the heading just to see what kind of information was offered. Good to know it's there in case I need it some day.

Of course I looked at Fayette County's Most Wanted Fugitives. Didn't recognize anyone...

There are some areas that are currently being worked on (Kids Page, Fiscal Information and others), but they're coming.

Oh, and I also signed up under the "Community Notifications" tab to get alerts from the Sheriff's office. I'm already getting them for Peachtree City and Tyrone so was happy to discover I could add the areas outside the cities. It's great info and I highly encourage everyone in Fayette County to sign up. They can text alerts and / or email them to you.

It looks like this is going to be the kind of site you'll want to stop by and "visit" more than once. They have links to quite a few state and local agencies, contact info in the event you want to call the Sheriff's Dept., employment opportunities, crime prevention tips... the list is long.

Be sure to click on "Office of the Sheriff" and then click "History of the Office of Sheriff". It's interesting reading.

I think the website is going to be a valuable resource for Fayette residents. Go take a peek.

www.FayetteSheriff.org

- jmd
---
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news:
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
Twitter: @gafrontpage & @TheGATable @HookedonHistory
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
Twitter: @artsacrossga, @softnblue, @RimbomboAAG
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Twitter: @FayetteFP
---

No comments: